Sivananda believes that art is the innate nature of humans.
It is one of the most natural ways of communication.
Everyone drew as a kid. As the kid grows, he or she develops other interests
and drawing takes a back seat.
Sivananda continued with his interest in the drawing. The reason could be that
there was inspiration right at home. His father was an accomplished artist too. Sivananda learnt
drawing and water color painting from his father for many years.
Sivananda started painting in oils while pursuing his studies in engineering. Soon
he was winning medals and exhibiting.
Sivananda is recogzied as an 'Associate Living Master' by the Art Renewal Center. He is also recognized as a 'signature member' by the prestigious Oil Painters of America.
He is honoured with the Maitri Award for excellence in art and Vamsi award of excellence in art.
- Studied oil painting with very prominent artists:
- David Leffel
- Burton Silverman
- Daniel Greene
- Jim Schell
- Dawn Whitelaw
- Michael Shane Neal
- Scott Christensen
- Nancy Honea
- Chris di Domizio
- Studied drawing and water color painting from N. S. V. Row for many years
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- Master of Technology (M. Tech.) in Electrical Machines from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- Associate member of Portrait Society of America
- Signature member of Oil Painters of America
- Signature member of the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society
- Associate member of International Guild of Realism
- Juried member of Portrait Society of Atlanta
- Signature member of Atlanta Fine Arts League